As a wedding videographer I exhibit at a number of wedding fayre’s and I find that the majority of the couples I meet have not even thought about having their wedding recorded and so the most of my time is spent explaining why it is a good idea to have your wedding captured on film. So I thought I would go into a little detail about what you get from film that you cannot get in any other way!
- The Bridal Preparations – The groom can never know what goes on whilst the bridal
party are getting ready (and some might say this is a good thing!) but having film of practicing the walk down the aisle in your slippers and rollers or the reactions of receiving a gift from the groom are truly priceless to keep.
- Guests Arriving – This can obviously be captured by the photographer but all you will get is a picture and it is very unlikely it will make your final album, so having film of guests arriving which will be in the final version of your DVD means you can see so much more of the people you invited to share your special day.
- The Ceremony – The only way to capture the promises that you make to each other during the ceremony is with a video, the moment that the groom first sets eyes on the bride as she walks down the aisle and the pride in the fathers face are very difficult to capture in any other way.
- Photoshoot and Pre-dinner drinks – This is normally the photographers domain, however a good wedding DVD can complement this perfectly. Showing off the venue in a different light or your guests enjoying the entertainment. It is probably the only time you will have film footage taken of you so enjoy it, I know you’ll love the results!
- The Speeches – How many wedding have you been to where the best man’s speech has been amazing, he’s told some amazing stories (embellished of course!) but when you sit down to breakfast the next morning you can’t remember any of them. At your wedding those stories will be about you so it is a great thing to have them filmed to watch again and again.
- The People – A wedding video is a snapshot in time, 1 day of your life where all of your friends and family are in one place. What better time to get someone to video them enjoying your wedding day. I’m sure in years to come you will sit down with others who won’t believe that Uncle James was so slim or that hair really was in fashion.
- The Details – You will have booked the most amazing venue and spent months or even years putting together your wedding day, down to the finest detail. The table decorations, the favors, the flowers and the cake. Yet on the day of your wedding you probably won’t get time to enjoy any of it. So why not sit down with a glass of wine around 6 weeks after your wedding and watch it over again from the perspective of one of your guests. And then watch it again, and again and again…..
I’ve probably missed a lot out but I hope you start to see why I get to speak to so few people at wedding fayres, it seems there is a lot to get across. I hope this has been useful and if you think of any other reasons why you had your wedding recorded I would be delighted if you would post them below.